Tuesday 17 February 2009

I don't look like Sonam Kapoor!!!!

I so don't look like Sonam Kapoor!!!! I swear man.... and there is no resemblance at all... still people will not believe me ... somebody in office.. in the morning today gave my face a thought for a couple of minutes and after the unnoticed silence interrupted the ongoing conversation and chipped in "Does she not look like Sonam Kapoor!" OH No!!!! The embarrassment was too much to bear and to add to all the fiasco a very noble and humble soul added "Yes , but she resembles not one but five Sonam Kapoors" - that was outright insult... and since then any Tom Dick and Harry walks up to me with a smirk and greets me ""Hi Sonam". I knew I was suffering identity crisis but that is now imposed more by the present surroundings .... :( During my university days I was the Indian version of Drew Barrymore (she'd commit suicide if she knew she was being demeaned to this extent) and just when I had managed to reinstate my identity people ensure that I grovel in the dark abyss of elusive existence! There was a considerate soul though who thought Sonam resembled me - as I was older to her...and that was equally grueling - I am old.... I forgot to add that there are still some who debate that I look uncannily like Mamta Kulkarni.... heights man...it seems I was never me!!! Anymore identities that anyone else wants to thrust on me.... ???

The next day the world returns to its daily bread and I have sunk deeper into the coma of embarrassment. While all the world rested in peace I kept posing in front of the mirror wondering which face profile made me resemble Sonam Kapoor. At the end of a tedious ordeal when I finally decided to put the case at rest I sifted and shifted on bed wondering was it good humour or sarcasm...the thought lead to an exaggerated insomnia... I woke up the next day still nurturing the wounds of the 'yesterday' only to find that I am running late for office...

No comments: