Thursday 4 February 2010

I forgive

Little by little time flies,
Everyday a hope brings
that tomorrow will be a better day.
Flowers bloom and birds do chirp
but amidst the city din and dirt
All is lost 'cept the grimacing face
Of loneliness, despair and loss.
Where all the happiness is
I will never know!
Why the creepy shadows of hate
smear what was once love's galore?
"How are you?" a stranger asks
But I smile wryly,
For I can now see through the masks,
All that seemed so lovely and pure
Is mud and dirt today for sure!
They have hurt me much
They have served me right
For all I did and did not do
Silent prayers I offered too!
No one asked me a favour,
No one said I need have cared,
It was me that wanted more-
A smile on the faces of those I adore!
Judgement Day will tell my fate,
But it is true I have known,
They have hanged and killed
All who dared...
And all who cared!
When I gasp for life at last
I will all my blessings cast,
On the world
And them that sneered
Made me live the life I feared.
Only spare me a thought,
Good or bad,
I care not.
I know a tear will smear their face
When I am gone without a trace!

No comments: