Monday 30 June 2008

Another episode

Life is this series of unavoidable twists and turns, chances and coincidences. Pessimists would see the bleak and the hard times the optimist would wait for the silver lining but nonetheless both would live the perpetual ambiguity of the perennial mystery of life and existence. Perhaps this brief introduction serves no purpose at all or perhaps it assays the higher philosophy that teaches us to 'forgive and forget'. In the distant foreign land I had found a friend, I could never reciprocate his feelings for me as I had already chosen my man and he could not live up to the standards that my love has set for me by his easy going 'i'll be there for you' attitude. Nonetheless, this friend of mine was there through thick and thin and his spontaneously gracious and helpful attitude helped him befriend all whom I called my friends too. In these five months itself we have many memories together - sweet and nice ones. Until recently the monstrous face of ego shove its head into the already tipsy relationship that we had. Well the last couple of days at least gave me an insight into the pent up bitterness that this friend of mine had. I cannot call it a friendship any longer, for there isn't any now and I am not even willing to clarify the misconceptions with which he has decided to live. As for my part I have become all the more wary of men... they are too impulsive according to me...and most often they devalue the essence of friendship. Women are no good...but at the end of it all I think I have implicitly and rather reluctantly begun to believe Adam and Eve were just created to be man and wife...friendship is not quite in the menu it seems...

:(